The SOAS scholarships are aimed at International students, including students from the UK/EU who wish to study for a Master degree at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) London for the 2013/2014 academic year. SOAS is a excellent institution and is the only Higher Education institution in the UK specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East.
Application Deadline: 22 March 2013
School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) at University of London
Number of Scholarships Available
5 Scholarships are available in the Faculty of Arts & Humanities as follows:
- Department of Anthropology and Sociology- 1 scholarship
- History of Arts&Archaeology/Music & Media – 2 scholarships
- Study of Religions – 1 scholarship
Value of Scholarship:
Each scholarship is valued at £15,568 in total. Fees will be deducted from this amount and the remainder will be used toward maintenance.
- any full-time taught masters programmes in Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Part-time programmes are not eligible.
Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (GMT) on 22 March 2013. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Offered annually? Yes
- Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Students with a non-UK degree to be adjudged in the top rank by their referees and transcript.
- This scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time masters programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- The scholarship cannot be held along with any other major scholarship or studentship.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of at least three academic members of the Faculty.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statements and other relevant information.
- Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Notification of Results
All candidates will be notified by email regarding the outcome of their application, generally by the end of June. Successful candidates will also be notified in writing. If you have not heard from us by the end of June, please contact the Scholarships Officer.
You can apply for this scholarship via the online scholarship application form, which will should be available via the Scholarship webpage sometime in January.
For enquiries, please contact:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091
Find it useful? Share Online – If you can, help others.