Abbey-Santander Scholarships are aimed at students from Venezuela, Uruguay, Spain, Puerto Rico, Portugal, Peru, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Brazil and Argentina who wish to undertake a one-year full-time Taught Masters Programme at King’s College London in the 2013/2014 academic year. These funds will be made available to students from the regions of the world specified by Banco Santander(Venezuela, Uruguay, Spain, Puerto Rico, Portugal, Peru, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Brazil, Argentina)
Scholarship Amount: £5000 one-off payment
Application Deadline: 1st March 2013 at 17:00 GMT sharp.
Number of Awards: Up to five King’s Santander Masters Scholarship awards will be offered for the academic year 2013/14.
The scholarships can be used to contribute towards tuition fees or living costs
- Open to residents of the following countries
Venezuela, Uruguay, Spain, Puerto Rico, Portugal, Peru, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Brazil, Argentina
• Be due to commence a full-time postgraduate Masters programme at King’s College London during the 2013/14 academic year;
• At the time of application, be permanent residents of one of the following countries: Argentina; Brazil; Chile; Colombia; Mexico; Peru; Portugal; Puerto Rico; Spain; Uruguay; Venezuela;
• Be domiciled within one of the following countries for at least 3 years prior to the start of the programme, for purposes other than education: Argentina; Brazil; Chile; Colombia; Mexico; Peru; Portugal; Puerto Rico; Spain; Uruguay; Venezuela;
• Complete and submit the required application documentation by the stated funding deadline (see below);
• Fulfil the relevant academic and English proficiency entry requirements set by King’s College London.
Please note that:
• Successful scholars who fail to complete, or fail their course will be expected to repay the full sum of funds to King’s College London for re-use as another Scholarship;
• Current postgraduate masters degree students are not eligible to apply;
• This award offers a one-off payment only;
• These studentships cannot be held on a part-time basis;
• Distance learning programmes are not eligible;
• Applicants are expected to possess/attain a first class or very good upper second class (2:1) honours degree for their undergraduate qualification;
• As the awards are only partially funded, applicants must be able to confirm that they have the means to support any outstanding fees/costs not covered by this scheme, i.e. through other funding awards or self-funding.
Information about the application
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT Successful candidates will normally be required to write a letter of thanks to the funder as a demonstration of gratitude for their generosity. Guidance about this will be provided upon award confirmation.
To be considered for the award, applicants MUST, by the application deadline of 17:00 GMT, 1st March 2013:
1) Apply to the College for a postgraduate taught degree programme using the online admissions application (https://myapplication.kcl.ac.uk/), as standard.*
2) Submit a Graduate School PGT online funding form. Note that this online funding application form should only be completed after an admissions application has been submitted to the College. The online funding form can be accessed at: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources/pgt-form.aspx
*Students who have already applied for admissions, and those who hold a place but deferred entry to 2013/14, will not be required to submit an admissions application again.
Failure to submit both application forms, as appropriate, by the application deadline will result in the application being ineligible.
Please be aware that applicants do not have to hold an admissions offer before submitting a PGT online funding form to the Graduate School.
The Graduate School PGT online funding form will cover a range of funding schemes, and applicants only need to submit the PGT online funding form ONCE to be considered for any of these schemes.
More Information can be found by the reading guidance notes below
All details are available on the Scholarship Official Webpage
Find it useful? Share Online – If you can, help others.