King’s Africa Masters Scholarship is aimed at international students who are permanent residents of an African country ( as listed below in this post) who wish to commence a full-time postgraduate Masters programme or MPhilStud programme at King’s College London in the 2013/14 academic year. King’s is one of the world’s leading research and teaching universities based in the heart of London
King College London, UK
Value of award: £5,000 one-off payment
Number of Scholarships available: One
This scholarship can be used to contribute towards tuition fees or living cost
Application Deadline: 1st March 2013
- Open to residents of the following countries
Zimbabwe, Zambia, Zaire, Uganda, Tunisia, Togo, Tanzania, Swaziland, Sudan, South Africa, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Seychelles, Senegal, Sao Tome and Principe, Rwanda, Nigeria, Niger, Namibia, Mozambique, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mali, Malawi, Madagascar, Libya, Liberia, Lesotho, Kenya, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Ghana, Gambia, Gabon, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Equatorial Guinea, Egypt, Djibouti, Cote d’Ivoire, Congo, Republic of, Congo, Democratic People’s Republic, Comoros, Chad, Central African Republic, Cap Verde, Cameroon, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Botswana, Benin, Angola, Algeria
- Applicants MUST:
• Be due to commence a full-time postgraduate Masters programme or MPhilStud programme at King’s College London in the 2013/14 academic year;
• Be permanent residents of an African country at the time of application and be domiciled within Africa for the last 3 years, for purposes other than education;
• Not have previously studied outside of their home country;
• Be liable to pay tuition fees at the international/overseas (higher) rate;
• Complete and submit the required application documentation by the stated funding deadline (see details below);
• Fulfil the relevant academic and English proficiency entry requirements set by King’s College London.Selection Criteria:
• Applicants are expected to possess/attain a first class or very good upper second class (2:1) honours degree for their undergraduate qualification;
• As the award is only partially funded, applicants must be able to confirm that they have/are seeking the means to support any outstanding fees/costs not covered by this scheme, i.e. through other funding awards or self-funding.
- Students who will pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate are not eligible; Distance learning programmes are not eligible.
- Applicable subjects
All Subjects are eligible
To be considered for the award, applicants MUST, by the application deadline of 17:00 GMT, 1st March 2013:
Apply to the College for a postgraduate taught degree programme using the online admissions application as standard.*
2) Submit a Graduate School PGT online funding form. Note that this online funding application form should only be completed after an admissions application has been submitted to the College. The online funding form can be accessed at: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources/pgt-form.aspx
*Students who have already applied for admissions, and those who hold a place but deferred entry to 2013/14, will not be required to submit an admissions application again.
Failure to submit both application forms, as appropriate, by the application deadline will result in the application being ineligible.
Please be aware that applicants do not have to hold an admissions offer before submitting a PGT online funding form to the Graduate School.
The Graduate School PGT online funding form will cover a range of funding schemes, and applicants only need to submit the PGT online funding formONCE to be considered for any of these schemes.
More Information can be found by the reading guidance notes below
All details are available on the Scholarship Official Webpage
Find it useful? Share Online – If you can, help others.