The scholarship is aimed at International students who wish to study for a full-time Masters (Taught or Research) programme at the University in 2013/2014. For over a century the University of Birmingham has been recognised as one of the world’s leading universities for the quality of its teaching and research. The University have been welcoming international students from all over the world for over 100 years.
University of Birmingham, UK
Number of Scholarships: 18
Application Deadline: Friday 31 May 2013
Value of Scholarship: £10,000 each and the awards are intended for tuition fees only and cannot be used towards living expenses.
Level of Study: Masters (Taught or Research) programmes only
Duration of Award: 1 year
- Applicants must have an excellent academic background; due to the level of competition for these scholarships, only applicants with a first class Bachelors degree (or equivalent) will be considered.
- Applicants must also demonstrate excellence in an area of their life; this might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extra curricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in their working life or through volunteering and service to others.
- Applicants must also outline the contribution they will make to the University of Birmingham as a student and what they expect to gain from studying here.
In order to apply candidates must:
- have been offered a place to study on an eligible one year Masters programme at the University of Birmingham;
- be overseas for fee purposes;
- be attending full-time and on-campus (not distance learning);
- have a valid student ID number;
- not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source;
- have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK (including any associated visa/travel expenses);
- be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
How to apply
Please be aware that you must have made an application to study at the University of Birmingham before submitting a scholarship application.
More information about how to apply, can be found on the Application procedures Webpage.
Applications will close on Friday 31 May 2013 for entry in the 13/14 academic year
Visit the Scholarship Webpagefor More information
Find it useful? Share Online – If you can, help others.