The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) is delighted to announce the third annual SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa States. The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from the three Niger Delta States to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2013.
Number of Scholarship to be Awarded:
10 scholarships shall be awarded by SPDC for the academic year commencing September 2013,
The scholarship covers tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses.
Level of Study:
The scholarships are for one-year post-graduate( Masters) studies in any of the following internationally recognised universities:
- Imperial College London,
- University College London
- The University of Leeds.
ELIGIBLE COURSES IN THE 3 UNIVERSITIES
Imperial College London
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Petroleum Geoscience
- MSc Petroleum Geophysics
- MSc Engineering Geology
University College London
- MSc Chemical processing Engineering
- MSc Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Civil Engineering
University of Leeds
- MSc Exploration Geophysics
- MSc Electrical/Electronic Engineering
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- meet the university’s language requirement (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS)
- be aged between 21-28 years
- be an indigene of Rivers, Delta or Bayelsa States (documentary proof of this will be required)
- currently reside in Nigeria
- intend to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study
- have obtained a university degree of at least an equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree)
- not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Submit application for admission into any of the three universities for any of the qualifying courses
- Application forms for the scholarship will be available ONLY through the participating universities, following an offer of admission
- Universities will process application and select candidates to attend an interview before being considered for final selection
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities no later than February 15, 2013
- For Further Information on the Scheme please visit the Scholarship Webpage
Find it useful? Share Online – If you can, help others.