The Loughborough University Masters International Scholarship are aimed at self-financing full-time international students who are permanently resident in a country outside the European Union (EU) who wish to study for selected Masters degree at the University for 2013/2014 year . The scholarship will be tenable for one year and will cover 25% of the tuition-fees
Are the awards open to International students? Yes
The Loughborough University
What is the Scholarship Worth?
The awards are worth 25% of the programme tuition fee and that value will be credited to the student’s tuition fee account.
Number of Awards:
Over 100 postgraduate taught programme scholarships available.
Eligible Courses: All subjects and Master programmes offered within the University
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
The closing date for 2013/2014 applications is 30th June 2013, though applicants are advised to apply as early as possible
- Different Departments will have varying criteria for awarding Scholarships, however, in general the scholarship judges will be looking for students who have the equivalent of a UK First Class honours degree, or a very high 2:1 OR who have sufficient grades to demonstrate the potential to achieve this level. Minimum CGPA of 3.3 on a scale of 4.0 and 4.3 on a scale of 5.0
- The award may also be made to students who show outstanding achievement or potential in other areas. A personal statement is required as an opportunity to show that you have an exceptional background of achievement in other areas such as work or voluntary activities and for you to show that you have the potential to make an exceptional contribution to the University, and to society after you graduate.
Who is qualified to apply?
- International students with high academic performance are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
- If your tuition fees are being paid by you, your family, relatives or family friends then you will be considered to be “self-financing” and are eligible for scholarship.
- If, however, your fees are being paid in full by an employer, university, Government or other corporate organisation then you will not be eligible for a Loughborough University scholarship. If you have partial funding from such an organisation, then you will still be eligible for a Loughborough University scholarship, provided the amount that you are funding yourself is equal to, or more than, the value of the scholarship.
- The scholarship will not normally be offered in combination with any other Loughborough University scholarship or award.
Field of Study:
Applicants with exceptional qualifications may be offered a scholarship with their offer of a place.
Applicants to the following Departments will AUTOMATICALLY be considered for a scholarship – provided the initial application is complete and contains all the relevant information (degree transcripts, references etc.). For these Departments there is no separate scholarship application process.
- Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering
- School of Business and Economics (Business)
- School of Business and Economics (Economics)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Building Engineering
- Computing Science
- Design School
- Information Science
- Politics, History and International Relations
- School of Sport Exercise and Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
For all other Departments list below, students are invited to apply for a scholarship after an offer of a place has been made.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Wolfson School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
The application form can be downloaded Here, and should be returned (by post, fax or email) to:
Leicestershire LE11 3TU
Fax: +44 (0)1509 223971
For further details about these awards, please visit the Scholarship Website for more Information.
Find it useful? Share Online – If you can, help others.